Babies are another reason of a person’s happiness after their spouse. Parents want their baby to be healthy and playful. However, an infant’s digestive system is very sensitive and needs to be taken good care of. When the infant cannot digest the food fed by the mother, they suffer from stomachache. This makes the baby cranky and ill. During such a situation, you may surely want to consider giving them Baby Care Gripe Water.
What is baby care gripe water?
Gripe water is basically the mixture of water and some herbs. This helps in relieving the ache of the stomach and helps in improving the digestive system.
Anything in excess is harmful to the body; the same applies to gripe water too, as it may cause many other side effects. To ensure you are on the safe side, it is wise to go through the advantages and disadvantages of gripe water and know how much quantity has to be given. The advantages of gripe water are as follows:
1. You can find it easily at any medical store near your house.
2. It does not have an unpleasant taste and the kid would not make any fuses to gulp it down
3. Does not cost much, is affordable and handy
4. The best part of all is, it can be easily prepared at home
The question you want answered is does gripe water actually work? Well, the answer to this is it does not cure colic but it does claim to treat the symptoms of colic such as wind and indigestion. Newborn babies, under two months of age should not be given baby gripe water as their digestive system is still maturing. Unfortunately, this leaves parents helpless, as they do not have any other remedy to cure the colic pain of their infants.
Considering the below mentioned pointers before giving their babies gripe water will surely help you:
1. It is wise to purchase the product made by authentic companies that manufacture gripe water.
2. Its purity is important and safety tests must be done; you surely do not want your baby to have anything that is impure.
3. Ensure the product is approved by The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act. The DSHEA is an act that defines and regulates dietary supplements. Hence, do not forget to check the label before buying the product.
4. It is seen that many companies add alcohol and other substances that may be harmful to the child’s digestive system. Hence, it is worth to check the ingredients of gripe water thoroughly.
To provide relief to colic babies, gripe water provides an excellent source, which goes a long way in minimizing the crying of the baby by giving temporary relief from pain and discomfort, which is commonly associated with gastrointestinal problems, but that is not conclusively determined by the medical science. Research well about the product to make the right choice. You surely do not want your child to be suffering in pain for you did not check twice. Browse through the site to know more about gripe water for babies.